Overall, I’m one of those sick freaks who legitimately loves to workout. Gym, outside, pool, yoga studio…whatever. I love it all. But there are definitely some workout moves that I hate and doing box jumps at Unite last night made me think of the other ones….
1. Box Jumps – I am not coordinated enough to walk and talk, let alone jump up on anything. I need to get over this, though…no more step ups!
2. Burpees – No one likes burpees and if you say you do, you’re lying.
3. Pull-ups – I can’t do them, simple as that. I WANT to do them, but I physically can’t. And then I feel awkward when the guy next to me is cranking them out…go home, dude. No one is impressed. Except for me. Silently.
4. Those things when your feet are on a workout ball and you have to curl your legs into your chest – Yes, that’s the technical name. It’s my lack of core muscle coupled with my lack of coordination that is the real issue. I’m always afraid I’m going to fall over and then next thing you know, everyone is in a crumpled heap because I can’t keep myself upright.
5. Turkish Getups – I feel like I look really stupid when I do them (which is really stupid) and I think I miss one of the moves when I do it. It’s just weird. And hard.
That being said, I still DO all of them. Or try to. I know they’re good for me, but that doesn’t mean I have to enjoy the actual motions. One thing I do enjoy is the fact I now have some flippin sweet arm muscles.