Oh boy, oh boy…
Quite a few things have changed since my last post. Let’s see…
- I never ran that marathon. When I started training for it, I was gung-ho. It made me happy to challenge myself that way and I loved being able to run with my boyfriend, but that feeling was short-lived. At the time, I desperately needed to focus on what was actually wrong: I needed a new job and I needed to go back to school. I ended up dropping down to the 8K, having a great time, and then played cheerleader for Mike during his first (and possibly last, if you ask him) marathon. He finished in 4:37!
- I got a new job! I’m now an EA at Drexel and so far, so good. The position is busier and more challenging and I see opportunity to grow. I’ve only been here for a little over a month and a half (including a vacation and Christmas break), so I don’t have a full grasp of the position yet, but I am excited to keep learning!
- I’m back in school and I should have my masters in Communications this spring! The program’s new director is a great addition to the department and I feel like I am prepared to do well in my classes, as evidenced by last quarter’s 4.0! Here’s hoping that the current quarter goes as well.
- Mike and I decided to start house hunting. We’re definitely staying in Philadelphia, but we’re ready to take this leap. At least, I think we are…ask me again when our hot water heater breaks/we need a new roof/our oven stops working.
- We went to Jamaica!!! One of the best vacations I have ever had. I highly recommend Secrets Wild Orchid and Tara at Liberty Travel. She knows her stuff.
I am sure there is a lot more that has happened, but since I am terrible at blogging regularly I have forgotten it and the world will never know. I’m sure everyone will live. 🙂